Pages

2014/06/30

Stuffed vegetables # Rice, lentils and mushrooms


You can do anything with stuffed vegetables : they're easy to cook, you can use any leftover, you can prepare them a day or two ahead and they can stand reheating. And if you don't mind eating them cold, they can go outside for picnic ! In a word, a very versatile and convenient dish.

I wanted a veggie version from the stuffed vegetables with meat I used to eat when I was young. I also wanted a complete dish (I'm lazy ...) : cereal, legumes and mushrooms for moisture, that's it ! Secotin told me something like "That thing is not so bad ...". Thing yourself !






Stuffed vegetables # Rice, lentils and mushrooms

makes 8 to 10 round zucchini or/and red peppers
- logically, 8 to 10 round zucchini or/and red peppers

- 200g cooked red lentils (approximately 100g dry)
- 200g cooked rice (I used wild rice leftover)
- 6 button mushrooms (about 130g)
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 scallion or small onion
- 50g almond butter
- 1 tsp salt

Cut tops off vegetables and remove seeds for the red peppers. If the vegetables don’t stand on their own, remove a thin slice off the bottoms; set the vegetables aside.

Finely chop the tops, mushrooms, scallion and garlic ; I used a food processor (did I say I was lazy ?). Add all remaining ingredients ; stuffing is a little bit salty, but keep in mind it will season all the vegetables !

Preheat oven to 180°C.

Stuff the vegetables and bake them until tender, it took me about 30 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or cold !




Ready to bake ...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire