Pages

2014/06/21

{DIY} Natural deodorant


I was telling you last year why and how I was happy with my baking soda and alum deodorant. But with the summer temperature, I had to switch to something stronger.

So I cooked (yes, in a small pan and with a small whisk !) a recipe I was keeping for a quite a while from a blog I love, Chocolate and zucchini. And you know what ? I'm not afraid with body odour since a year !

You want to know how it works ? Very simple, you'll need 4 ingredients you may already have in your pantry, 5 minutes to make, and about 1 hour to solidify. Sweating is not blocked, but coconut oil will kill bacteria that causes stench. Palmarosa essential oil is used to strengthen this antibacterial action, but you can try with thyme, rosemary, tea tree or sage essential oil (be careful with essential oils if you're pregnant, with children or if you've allergies). Then you add some baking soda to absorb smell, and arrowroot powder to absorb excess moisture. That's it !

Any inconvenience Secotine ? Well, the deodorant has to be kept refrigerated. Thus I have to run to the fridge every morning. But as I also keep my daily moisturizer in the fridge, is this really an inconvenience ???






{DIY} Natural deodorant

lasts about 3 months with a daily use
- 40g coconut oil
- 35g baking soda
- 15g arrowroot powder (or any starch of your choose)
- 20 drops palmarosa essential oil

Melt coconut oil in a small bowl ; use a water-bath or simply put the bowl on the heater for 10 minutes if it's winter. Stir in baking soda and arrowroot powder, then add essential oil. You should get a creamy texture.

Pour the mixture into small rubber molds (easier to remove !) and let it solidify at room temperature. With this recipe, I get 3 or 4 small shapes. Unmold and keep in two glass containers in the fridge. One is for storage while the other is for the shape in use.




Clotilde suggests a formula including wax that you can keep at room temperature. I tried it, but I didn't like the creamy texture. So I returned to the fridge formula !

And I'll talk about my awesome homemade laundry detergent next week. What a teaser ...


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire